Trying A New Tool: Animaker

Animaker LogoThis week, I set up and tried out Animaker, an online AI animation and video maker. 

I dabble with various learning platforms for training and classroom use, but animated videos are an area I have yet to explore. So, I thought, why not give it a go this week?

My post this week is based on my experience with Animaker and the features available with the free account. I will use the same five criteria I used when looking at Genially in an earlier post.


Here’s how Animaker stacked up:

  1. Is it web-based? Yes. You can share your projects with another Animaker user or publish them on various platforms such as YouTube, Blogger, or social media websites.
  2. Is it easy for me as the instructor to use to build out the lessons/activities? Yes, but like all platforms, there is a learning curve. Training tutorials are available through your account Dashboard and can be viewed as needed to expand on training.
  3. Is it easy for students to use/understand? Yes, as mentioned by Dhivyasshri Krishna in her blog post-Top 7 Reasons Why Animated Videos are Highly Effective for Learning and Development there are many benefits to using videos:
    • Simplify Complex Concepts
    • Highly Engaging
    • Universal Appeal
    • Cost- Effective
    • Flexible
    • Interactive Visual Learning
    • Personalized Opportunities
  4. What’s the cost of the platform?
    • Free = Limited features and only three downloads a month.
    • Basic = $15/month, $180year
    • Starter = $25/month, $300/year
    • Pro = $43/month $516/year
  5. Would it be easy to share with other instructors who teach this course? Yes and no.If they have an Animaker account and use the platform, it’s easy to share, but the cost is high if they are only using it for this or just a few projects. If the videos are published online on YouTube, Blogger, or other social media platforms, they can be easily accessed for class use.


As I was learning this platform, I wrote down a few more thoughts about things I did/didn’t like:


Likes/Pros

  • Wide variety of templates for videos.
  • Animation/customization of the characters in the videos.
  • Voice-overs are very easy to add.
  • The website is very fast for so many video components.


Dislikes/Cons

  • It feels like a PowerPoint presentation with actions on the slides/objects.
  • Cost. The basic plan is still near $200/year.
  • It is less of a multipurpose app than Canva or other platforms.


Overall, I wouldn’t use this platform if I were looking to make more than just videos. I’m not in a niche where I can focus on one type of training tool, so I need a more multi-use program to create various projects.


Before you make any decisions based on my opinions of Animaker, I recommend you check it out for yourself and let me know your thoughts 😊 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome techies!

Have you heard about Genially?

The Magic of Canva Image Editing