Welcome techies!


Hey everyone, welcome to Techies & Talent! I'm excited to kick off my first blog journey with you all this summer. My goal with this blog is to explore how technology can enhance and support learning in the workplace.

I've been in the workforce for about 15 years, and while I grew up with computers and cell phones, it's been exciting to see how technology has evolved over the last few decades. I remember the days of dial-up internet and sharing a phone with my siblings.

I consider myself somewhat tech-savvy, but the nitty-gritty of computers and IT, like coding or network settings, feels like a foreign language. Even so, I'm fascinated by all the new possibilities technology has brought. It's incredible how phones, laptops, and other apps now allow us to do things that used to require a classroom and face-to-face interaction.

In my current role, I have many opportunities to explore different tools that can help with training and supporting staff, so it's not uncommon for me to say, "Hey, I've got this cool new app to show you!" I'm looking forward to more of those moments as I dive into different technologies this semester.

I hope this course will expand my toolkit for supporting employee learning through technology. By summer's end, I'll lead a three-day training course for my student employees. It'll blend in-person presentations, interactive activities, and hopefully, some fresh techniques and tools I learned about from our course.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure. I can't wait to share what I learn with you!

                                                             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard about Genially?

The Magic of Canva Image Editing